An increase in the representation of talented women in the research area on the interface of mathematics and physics will be beneficial for SwissMAP itself, but also, by creating positive role models, for the general appeal of science and technology for young women. For this reason, we are committed to providing equal opportunities and supporting female researchers and young families in science.
NCCR SwissMAP has several funding schemes to support families and female researchers:
- Family support grants: liberation of teaching/administrative duties (up to 20% of the work-time) for researchers with young children.
- If you are participating in a conference or another event organized by SwissMAP and you are coming with young children, we may be able to provide grants for their travel and/or child care. Please contact us for more information.
- If you are member of SwissMAP and you wish to attend an external conference or another event, we may be able to provide grants for travelling with young children or for child care. Please contact us for more information.
- We make an effort to support dual careers of young researchers. If you are a couple studying or working in SwissMAP-related research areas, we may have the means to support your parallel careers. Please contact us for more information.
The Swiss National Science Foundation has several grants in equal opportunities:
- Gender equality grants are available to young women researchers funded by the SNSF. An eligible person receives CHF 1000 per 12 months' approved project running time. The grant may be used to finance career support measures but does not cover family support measures.
- The SNF Flexibility Grants are aimed at postdoctoral researchers who need to look after children during an important stage in their career and who therefore need more flexibility. The grant allows researchers to reduce their work-time percentage and hire a support person for the same period.
If you wish to apply for any of these grants, please contact us.