NCCR SwissMAP conducts cutting edge theoretical research in mathematics and physics. One of our most important goals is to promote this research by educating young scientists and by communicating its results to a wide audience.
With respect to education, the area on the interface of mathematics and and theoretical physics is largely vacant. SwissMAP aims to address this issue by creating new programs and opportunities.
We focus on:
- creating an attractive environment and opportunities for young researchers to stay in/return to Switzerland;
- training the next generation of scientists with a broad expertise and interdisciplinary thinking.
A full training cycle in mathematics and physics is organized via the following programs:
- High School Outreach program (aimed at students and teachers);
- Master Classes (Master and early graduate level);
- Graduate program;
- Postdoctoral opportunities.